To achieve sales and gross margin objectives by estimating needs and preferences of the customer and buying merchandise to fill those needs. Maximum inventory turnover, minimum stock out and minimum over stock are the key responsibilities.
- Range Planning.
- Product Planning.
- Product Development and Coordination.
- Sampling and Packaging.
- Costing and Pricing.
- Production Planning.
- Allocation to Stores.
- Issuing Barcodes.
- Making Bills of Material/P.O.’s.
- Sales Analysis.
- Quality Control [Q.C.].
- Preparing the Product Sheets.
- Payment Schedule/Sale Schedule.
- Coordination with Distribution Center for on-time deliveries to Stores.
- Store Visits.
- Visits to Competitor outlets.
- Updating above trends through media, magazine, customer meeting, sales trends.